Karen Van Cleve is on a mission to eradicate overwhelm. She believes that empowering thoughts and actions provide clarity and a path to achieve this goal. Karen discovered this through her own journey of discovery.
Karen began college majoring in psychology. She quickly changed her major to accounting to be able to find a job during the recession years of her early career. She worked as an accountant in the banking and property management industries. After earning her MBA, Karen discovered an enjoyment of the complexity and energy of the burgeoning technology industry. She worked for 15 years developing complex business systems for mobile telephony providers around the world. This position created the perfect laboratory for overwhelm.
The impossible demands, fast pace, and unrelenting travel required her to find a way to manage her overwhelm to survive. Facing this mountain of requirements was the catalyst for change, and confronting these issues head on was a means to discovering her power and determination, re-igniting a passion for the psychology behind obtaining those tools. It wasn’t until she discovered the field of coaching that she committed full-time to the practice of aiding others in beating overwhelm. She finds solidarity and inspiration in her clients, driving her to constantly learn and improve.
Karen has been blessed to work with multiple leaders in the coaching industry. She has coached clients from more than 15 countries on a variety of life and business topics. She is constantly awed by the power of the human spirit, and the infinite potential that lies within each of us.
In her continuous quest to find the fastest way to help a client achieve their peak performance, Karen has studied a variety of tools and strategies. She draws from this vast wealth of knowledge, as well as her experience with thousands of clients, to fuel her coaching, writing and speaking. As a demonstration to Karen’s commitment to the synergy of community and emboldening the human experience, a portion of the proceeds of all of her books are donated to a different named charity annually. Be part of the community at www.EndOverwhelmNow.com.
Other credentials include:
- Graduation from CoachU, a premier coach training organization, 2005
- Completed Robbins-Madanes Strategic Intervention Coach Training, 2016
- Master Masteries Certified (MMC) coach through the International Association of Coaches (IAC) and Senior Certifier – 2005 to present
- Results Coach for Robbins Research International – 2005 to present
- Board Certified Coach through the Center for Credentialing & Education – 2011 to present
- Active member of Toastmasters for over 10 years, serving in multiple leadership positions
- Qualified to administer theTMBC StandOut Strengths Assessment, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and MAPP (Motivational Appraisal of Personal Potential) assessments
- Advanced training in PSYCH-K which is a powerful technique for shifting subconscious beliefs
- Utilization of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and CORE technique to shift negative emotional patterns
Karen is available for speaking engagements, interviews, podcasts, conferences, panels, seminars, retreats, and workshops. Her goal is to help audiences of every size and demographic to eradicate their overwhelm and rediscover their natural power and strengths.